background

Friday, January 1, 2016

WELCOME! So Glad You Are Here!

HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone!
Welcome to Double D Challenges!

There will be 2 challenges per month ... on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays.  These challenges will have a THEME as well as an INSPIRATION BOARD to help spark some project ideas.  The easy rules for our challenges can be found in the tab below our header. 
Our first challenge will be January 6th.
We hope you will come join in our fun and please tell your friends!

Today we are THRILLED to introduce you to our Design Teams.
Thanks to every who applied for our design team!  We were honored to have so many applicants and wish we could have invited more of you.  But, we had our limit set so please keep an eye open for future DT Calls.

Now let's meet our talented teams . . .

TEAM DIANE Members

AMELIA BREYTENBACH
(Stamped for the Occasion)

I am Amelia Breytenbach and I am so delighted to be part of the Double D Challenge Design Team – it is such an honour. My husband and I live in Pretoria, South Africa with our seven cats. I am a librarian at a large residential university for the past 35 years but when I am at home I keep myself busy with card making and paper crafts. I have been doing paper crafts for about 16 years now. I started my blog, Stamped for the Occasion in February 2010 and since blogging, I met so many wonderful friends from around the world sharing my passion. I was on amazing design teams along with talented card makers and I did some guest designing for a few inspirational challenge blogs. I am passionate about creating with stamps, die cuts and vintage scraps.  My favourite colouring technique is watercolour pencils and I love to add detail to my projects, especially flowers and lace. My style has developed over time and I would describe my creations as a mixture of shabby, vintage and cute elements. Hope you will enjoy and be inspired by my creations for the Double D Challenges.
 
 VICKI DUTCHER
(All I Do Is Stamp)
 
Hi all, Vicki Dutcher here. I have been stamping for 20+ years, and like most stampers, I got hooked from my first Stampin Up! Party.  When I found SCS in 2006 I went gong ho and started stamping daily, and I also created my blog All I Do Is Stamp.  Since then, I have designed for quite a few companies, along with being on many blog challenge teams.  I look forward to being on the DD Team starting in 2016.  It's going to be fun!!


REBECCA DEPROSE 
(Paper Primrose)
 
One of my abiding passions is paper crafting which is a wonderful respite from the winds that pass through life. I get excited at the thought of a few hours spent creating, whether it's an album, card, home decor item, mixed media creation… so long as it requires paper, glue, scissors and some pretties! I am delighted to be on this terrific design team and love the anticipation of creating with the inspirations provided by Diane and Darlene~

Ros Crawford
(Mikey's Mom)

TEAM DARLENE Members


LESLIE MILLER
(Running With Scissors) 

"Hi, there! I’m just a southern Oregon coast gal who loves everything my simple life has to offer. Family first – hubby, grown son, and two Golden Retrievers. Then comes all my other interests – gardening, homemaking, reading, movies, having fun with friends, the great outdoors. And let’s not forget stamping! That’s one interest that has sustained me for many years, growing and evolving over time. These days I mostly love to color and work with designer papers and die cuts. Cards are my favorite. They’re my mini artist’s canvas. I mail them, too. Lots of them! And what I don’t mail I sell or give away. I recently retired from my job in a medical laboratory and have been enjoying life almost too much ever since. How did I ever find time to work? I’m so looking forward to creating for the Double D Challenges!"



VICKI ROBERTSON
(He"artful" Validation of Vicki) 

I'm Vicki and I love art in all forms.  Crafting with my hands has been a life long hobby with paper crafting...scrapbooking, cards, altered and mixed media art, currently the most outstanding of these crafts. It has given me the opportunity to make and meet many friends while sharing my own creations.  My family is very supportive of my hobbies and usually the recipient of or main topic when crafting.  I am delighted to be a part of the Double D Design Team.


Hi aNNie here, and most of you know me already.....I live in Australia in the northern part of New South Wales. Married with three kids, and three grandies and one supportive husband. Oh and one shadow, my Labrador dog, Thye, who sits and crafts with me each day.  I am a Registered Nurse, and retired having to care for my elderly dad, sadly recently passed away.  Love to do any type of craft and have taught card making and scrapbooking. Interior designing and landscaping are my two other loves. My outdoor recreations are walking and swimming.



KATHY KRUG
(Stampwithk) 
  
Five years ago I retired after 41 years in education. Once I retired, I knew I would need to develop a hobby other than gardening and reading  so I decided I wanted to make handmade cards. I had no idea where to begin so I bought a couple of books and set out to buy some supplies that were suggested. The only thing that I bought that was right for my new adventure was some embossing ink, embossing powder and a heat gun.   A few months later, I  discovered all the amazing online videos that taught techniques and gave me tips. I bought a Cuttlebug, one set of dies, and an embossing folder and began practicing.  Several dies, embossing folders, stamps, markers, inks, etc. and five years later I am still learning new and exciting techniques, and meeting special people who also enjoy this hobby. My friends and family are so appreciative of the time and effort it takes to make them a special card that it makes my hobby very fulfilling. I love the comradery of the people in the crafting world who are so talented, but also willing to share their talents and ideas. I am so happy that I chose this hobby.



We are so excited to have these talented ladies sharing their beautiful creations with us!  Thanks for stopping by and be sure to come back on Wednesday, January 6th for our very FIRST challenge hosted by TEAM DIANE!!



18 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely bunch of creative ladies and I can't wait to see how this rolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Glenda....we hope to 'let her roll' real soon...lol!!

      Delete
  2. Awesome looking DT....if I must say so myself...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aNNie you crack me up...but yes, an awesome looking and creative team as well!! Looking forward to working with you!

      Delete
    2. Glad you agree and I meant to also say what a fabulous talented bunch too...Looking forward to working with everyone...you ladies rock.xx

      Delete
  3. Yippee! So excited to be a part of this new venture! Welcome everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too and I am so glad you have joined us with your amazing talent...let the fun begin!!

      Delete
  4. A fabulous team. Can't wait to see their creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley!! We are super excited to get this going....make sure and join in with us!

      Delete
  5. Great to see the new challenge blog and "meet" the Design Team members, some of whom I am already familiar with. Can't wait to see what the challenges will bring, and looking forward to some great inspiration! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the new DT! Looking forward to seeing your fabulous inspiration projects. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to all....so many talented (and familiar) names! Have FUN ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Awesome DT!!!! Can't wait until Jan. 6th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what exciting news, and I'm familiar with some of my wonderful stamping friends and look forward to seeing lots of wonderful inspiration! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to you all and many hopes for an exciting challenge future. I am so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your new challenge! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new challenge and the DT looks fabulous. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous challenge and amazing team you have! I discovered you through my amazing friend, Vicki D and I'm adding your blog to my Feedly immediately! Looking forward to playing along! Happy New Year!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete